Scholarships to Study in the USA!
The University of Houston-Victoria is offering scholarship for international students. All undergraduate and graduate international students are eligible to apply for the International Student Merit Scholarship. The scholarship award can only be used for study at University of Houston-Victoria (USA). It will reduce the student’s tuition and fees cost to reflect the residency tuition rate. Other costs such as housing, meals, transportation, personal expenses, books, supplies, and health insurance are not included in this scholarship. Students who are interested need to apply by 15th of June 2017.
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
• Be admitted to UHV and registered full-time (minimum of 12 credits for undergraduate and minimum of 9-credits for graduate). Students may apply for the scholarship before being admitted to UHV. However, a scholarship applicant must be admitted to UHV as a full-time, degree-seeking student before the scholarship application can be reviewed. Please visit International Student Admissions for more information.
• Spring semester scholarship recipients will receive the scholarship only for the Spring and Summer semesters. In order to maximize the scholarship opportunity, all Spring scholarship recipients must be registered for full-time course load online (Summer only) or Face-to-Face. All Spring scholarship recipients must re-apply for the Fall merit scholarship before the deadline (see below).
• Have F-1 or J-1 student visa.
• S. Transfer International students must be in good academic and immigration status.
• Have a demonstrated record of academic achievement.
• Submit the completed International Student Merit Scholarship Application Form.
• Attend the mandatory international student orientation and plan to arrive to UHV five business days prior to the first class day.
The scholarship will reduce the student’s tuition and fees cost to reflect the residency tuition rate. Other costs such as housing, meals, transportation, personal expenses, books, supplies, and health insurance are not included in this scholarship.
The form and documents must be submitted via email to international-at-uhv.edu with subject line “merit scholarship” paper submissions will not be accepted by the international programs
Students will be notified via email. To learn of the International Programs scholarship notification timeline, please connect with a staff member. New students will be notified during the first week of July, the current/returning students will be notified once the grades are posted for the current semester. It is the student’s responsibility to apply and reapply for the scholarship and be aware of the respective deadlines. Students will be emailed of the deadlines and the application process via email three months prior to the deadline.
When to Apply
Completed applications need to be submitted by the following dates:
- Fall semester deadline: June 15th
- Spring semester deadline: November 15th
Merit scholarship for spring semester is only awarded for spring and summer semester. All spring scholarship recipients must take part time or fulltime summer course load (online or F2F) and is required to take summer courses. All spring merit scholarship recipients must re-apply for the following year Merit Scholarship.
Keep in touch with CampusBD for further news and useful information! Please sign up from here
More detail about